Copyright Gary Edward Nordell, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Getting Lazy?

Don't know if I am getting lazy, or if this is a function of getting old. But I decided to give up, or at least back off from, the world of fiction writing. I still will (and do) obey my longtime rule that "I do not argue with my Muse" – whatever shows up to my mind to be written gets written, and then simply filed away.

The year 2012 is critical in the political realm, so I plan more-direct activity there, such as being an official Delegate to last weekend's Democratic Party of New Mexico state pre-primary convention, all day last Saturday up in Albuquerque.

That leaves daily concern for my bookstore websites, the main philosophy website, and the satellite sites Meaning & Purpose and Reason-Based Taxation and The United Federation of Indentured Servants.

Further Rick Walker, P.I. detective novels will have to wait, mainly because I have no skills in marketing. Although non-fiction, the memoir "Hollywood Tales: An Entertainment" is also on hold.

A parallel category to fiction is my various screenplays which include:
"El TigrĂ³n" {online synopsis} - script completed;
"Nostalgia" {online synopsis} - treatment available;
the "Little Hero" rock musical feature - script completed;
the "Sacre Merde!" comedy feature - treatment available.
. . . and lots more ideas that likely will never be put on film.

Thanks for listening. Life moves on. I better get back to work.

“Where there is oppression, Liberty must light the dark.”

“Battling ignorance and apathy and magical thinking is a full-time job.”

Copyright 2012 by G.E. Nordell, all rights reserved

No comments :