Copyright Gary Edward Nordell, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Another Letter Printed in the Local Newspaper

HEADLINE: The pro-life movement is based on lies

I am male, so the storm surrounding abortion, women’s rights, safe health care procedures, and pseudo-Xian pro-life people has not required me to have an opinion or speak to any of the issues.

There are plenty of issues that I am adamant about. That said, I am very pro-choice and demand equal rights for all, and, in fact, repeat my own philosophical statements whenever they seem to apply.

“I have the same rights that you do, the same rights that I afford you. We each have only the collective rights given to all,” and, “Rights only exist when they apply to everyone. When only some people are accorded a so-called ‘right’, then it is privilege and subjugation.”

But I decided that I need to speak up on the issue because I stumbled upon the so-called truth of the matter.

I am opposed to all religions, and the larger disease of magical thinking. But it turns out that the fundamentalist Xian claim that their non-existent godhead defines the life of a fetus from conception, or more recently, at the first heartbeat, is categorically not true.

The Judeo-Xian Bible clearly states that life begins when you take your first breath of air.


Genesis 2:7: “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and [the] man became a living soul.”

Job 33:4: “The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.”

Ezekiel 37:5-6: “Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live.”


I don’t have to believe any of this, nor do you. But when pseudo-Xians make claims based on the word of God, they had better be accurate when they do so. It is quite telling that after all these years of back-and-forth, I would stumble upon actual facts in the matter at this late date.

Other cited verses found in my research are just plain off the mark, and only a propagandist could twist the texts cited by the pro-life leaders, and re-quoted by their teeming mob of followers, into actually specifying the magic moment when life occurs.

So I am posting this factual ammunition for use by any pro-choice readers to fling in the face of these false pro-lifer misogynist hate-mongers – they won’t listen, of course, but the battle must be fought.

Another of my sayings that applies here is, “The use of force is proof of the absence of reason.”

G.E. Nordell
Rio Communities
Copyright 2019 by G.E. Nordell, all rights reserved

No comments :