Copyright Gary Edward Nordell, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Kindle Book Contest

Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing has announced a contest for English-language books newly-published on their website. The deadline is November 2017. The contest is open to authors residing in India, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States (excluding the territories of Quebec and Tasmania).

The main prize is 10 lakh rupees (that's one million in India); today the volatile Indian rupee is trading at 64 to the U.S. dollar, so the prize converts to roughly US$16,000. Secondarily, the winner will be considered for book publication in India.

Well, there is only one winner, out of thousands or millions of applicants, but the idea got me thinking. I already have two books available in Kindle format, so what might I create as a potential entry? What I came up with is a collection of my Working Minds Philosophy essays, which I could call "Working Minds: The First 100 Essays". I could convert the essays, make a cover, tweak this and that, many hours of work, but do-able by, say, October. If completed by deadline, I could enter the contest.

But is it worth it? That is where you, the reader, comes in. Will you buy such a book? (Probably priced at eight to ten dollars.)

I am posting this survey here on my blog, on my Facebook page, and on my LinkedIn page.

Click on this email link to vote 'yes' (you can add a comment).

I will report the results at the same three places.

G.E. Nordell
author • philosopher • revolutionary
Rio Communities, New Mexico USA

ADDED August 23: It has now been three weeks, and The People have spoken:
NOT ONE SINGLE REPLY - not from this blog, not from Facebook, not from LinkedIn.
THEREFORE: The matter is closed.

No comments :